MIDI files store music in digital format. There are thousands of files available for download on the Internet covering almost every popular song and classical work in existence. These
files may have passed from hand to hand multiple times. Understandably, many files have accumulated errors or settings that are unsuitable for your applications. MIDI Doctor
has five functions:
- Quickly make custom settings like channel voices (instrumentation) or tempo to match your keyboard and performance.
- Divide channels into individual files to create accompaniments.
- Removes unwanted or unnecessary information following your specifications.
- Correct the order of MIDI messages and store files in a standard Type 1 format.
- Transpose the key signature or note range.
Here are some MIDI Doctor
- Change instrument voices of individual MIDI channels.
- Remove channels or divide channels into separate files.
- Generalize a file written for a specific synthesizer or keyboard so that it may be played on any device.
- Add XG voice specifications for individual instruments to optimize a file for your keyboard.
- Change all tempo messages in a file by relative factor to speed up or slow down a piece.
- Equalize the volume levels of individual instruments or change the general volume level
in a file.
- Transpose notes in accompaniments to match the key or range of your instrument.
- Remove MIDI data that may be unnecessary for your application or synthesizer, such as
text, lyric, marker, file identification or system exclusive messages.
- Invoke the full range of MIDI controls recognized by your synthesizer (brightness,
reverb, decay time, ...).
- Quickly set channel voices from INST specifications for your keyboard.
Voice adjustment window